Tuesday, November 6, 2007

this child of mine...

i continue to find strength and an ounce of happiness in keeping up with this blog. taking away from everyday life, and letting my fingers take me to a more joyful place is probably how i keep my sanity here at work. if they ever blocked this website, i would probably quit on the spot. i can't deal with customers' stupidity any more than i can deal w/ eddie's.

last night Konnor fell asleep on me again. I was laying on my side, completely pissed off at eddie, and konnor made sure i got my smooches and then laid his head on my shoulder, with his arm over me. i was facing away from him, and he must have been halfway standing. i didnt think he was asleep but rolled over and carefully laid him down, just in case. his little eyes were closed and he was sleeping soundly. i almost cried. i dont see how he could have slept like that, but he is so full of love, especially for his mommy. he can tell when mommy is upset, and tries with all his might to make me better.

I dont know what i'd do without him. everyday he smiles at me and loves me before i leave for work. i love waking him up in the morning to get him ready to go to Tammy's. when i get to work, his smiling face is beaming at me from my computer screen. I get to look at those gorgeous blue eyes whenever i want, whether it be picture or presence. it sucks that i cant be with him all the time. GAH!!!

Speaking of all this, he finished his first full week of daycare last friday. $125 out of my pocket, and a happy child, to say the least. It's just him, as far as kids go, but he loves everyone who is at that house, and they give him lots of attention. He is learning a lot of new words, and his speech is going to soar in a few months, maybe sooner. i can tell!! i also found this in a website about child development and milestones :


A Toddler Making a Tower of Blocks
Most kids have fun playing with blocks. It is doubtful that any of them realize that stacking blocks into a tower is actually an important developmental test. Making a tower of blocks is usually considered to be a visual-motor/problem solving milestone, and most kids can make a tower of:
2 blocks by 15 to 21 months
4 blocks by 17 to 24 months
6 blocks by 18 to 30 months
8 blocks by 24 to 36 months
9 blocks after 3 years


I am proud to say that my son made not one, not two, but three block towers of 12 blocks!! On #13, they would tumble. He easily makes it to 10 & 11. Now if only i could get him to talk way ahead of the game. :) its okay, i am proud of my little munchkin. He will be wise beyond his years, much like mommy. let's just hope he doesn't get daddy's temper.


No comments: