Monday, November 12, 2007

the tale of the haircut...

Thursday evening was "attemp to get Konnor's haircut" evening. I wanted it done. He is starting to look like a little girl ((again)) and i can't stand when people say "oh your daughter is so beautiful".. seriously, he doesn't look like a little girl, even with longer hair. anyways, i take the hint as needing to cut his hair. So we took him to the same place as last time, and he seemed okay. well, not really. instead, he screamed. NOTHING would calm him down. Eddie tried sitting with him, i tried sitting with him, we tried what we could. So we took konnor home w/o a hair cut.

Screw it, i kept thinking, im gonna do it myself. So sunday morning konnor and i got up and went to good ol' wal-mart at 9:30am ((still havent set the clocks back, so i thought it was 10:30)).. it was nice for a sunday trip seeing as everyone was still at church, and we got front row parking. ((i know how amazing that is)) inside, konnor was suprisingly good, and sat most of the time. We found a $30 complete hair cutting kit and were set. With only needing that, we were in and out in under an hour. ((yes i stopped in a few different departments))

Anyways, so we got to my house, and i emptied the contents of the box onto the dining room table. There were more pieces then i could count. Dear goodness, which things do i use?? I settled for a #4 and the main contraption that plugs in. I have seen the pros do it a hundred times. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to get this going. I put the #4 onto the main thing and plug it in. Now for the moment of truth.... did i buy a P.O.S. that doesnt work or do i get to cut my childs hair today?? it starts buzzing and vibrating. SUCCESS!!!

Konnor, of course, comes in to explore. i am frantically wondering what the best technique is going to be. This thing is obviously going to be scary. Tickle is what i came up with as konnor looked at me and then this thing and back at me. I touched it to my skin and started laughing. Then took it off, put it back on and said "tickle, tickle, tickle." If he falls for this, im a genious i thought thinking that it wasn't going to happen. He reluctantly, to my suprise, held out his hand with this little smile. "tickle tickle" i said as i touched it to him. His grin spread almost from ear to ear. Ha, this is in the bag i thought. So i tickled up his arm and to his hair. ZZZZZZZZZZ, and the hair fell. "oh my god, what am i doing" i started to panick. i dont want his hair short. :(

Half hour of "tickling" later it was done. Very very short, much shorted than i'd have liked. But done, none the less. the mess was out of this world. there was hair everywhere, including all over me, cuz at the end, konnor decided that it would be MUCH nicer to sit in mama's lap while the tickling happened. He stopped liking it about 10 minutes into it, and i had to use some mad coaxing skills to finish the job..

here is a before and after. disregard the quality of the pics.

I know that the pic of him and his pumpkin isn't good at showing how long his hair was, but it was in his eyes. now i think im gonna let his hair grow and just trim it up when it gets too long. his hair is ADORABLE when its long, and this short business just doesn't work for me. So yeah, my decision:
NO MORE SHORT HAIR FOR KONNOR!!!

No comments: