Monday, October 22, 2007

a weekend of unfortunate events

**FRIDAY**


"I don't think I'm going to make it today. i don't feel good"

This is what i heard first thing i heard when gram walked in the front door Friday morning to watch konnor. Okay, i thought, as i walked out the door, she always has something wrong, so this will be no big deal.

Halfway to work, i realized i forgot my phone, and knew this would turn into more than a no big deal sort of thing. thank goodness konnor was asleep when i left. I walked into work, and texted the home phone, which i know will-eye or cydney *my bro and sis* would answer, and told them to let gram know i did not have my phone and to call mom if she needed anything.

I went through the first few hours of the day almost as normal. In the back of my head, i worried what was going on for one reason. she said she was having chest pain. About 11:30 my mom comes racing over to me, telling me to leave, that i have to go now, go get konnor. **BAM** the panic kicked in and i was off! i made it home in 30 minutes (good for me) and was half expecting to see an ambulance sitting at my house getting ready to transport Gram to the hospital. a small sigh of relief escaped my lips when i saw there wasnt.

When i got inside, gram was sitting on the overstuffed chair, wrapped in a blanket and looked rather pale. Konnor was dumping his toys out of his basket all over the floor, but seemed a little more excited to see me than normal. :) Which made me very happy. We sat around for a half hour or so before gram got up and got dressed and announced we needed to go to the ER.

About 20 minutes later, we arrived at the Portland Adventist E.R. Now let me tell you something, they were doing construction, and it was the BIGGEST bunch of bull s**t ever!!!! There is a narrow path up to the ER and then there was this "free valet parking" (no tips accepted). Well even if there were, i wouldn't have given them any. THEY WERE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!! so gram just went in and konnor and i went to find a parking spot in the front of the building.

By the time we parked the car and went back to the ER, Gram was already back in the exam room. So konnor and i went for a little car ride, he fell asleep, and i got a bite to eat. Then, we went back to the parking lot of the hospital and slept in the car for nearly two hours. I kept getting woke up by phone calls, and text messages making sure everything was okay. thank you everyone who was concerned and checking up on us! :)

Konnor woke up, and we went to check on gram (it had been almost 3 hours at this point). We went up to the desk at the ER and let them know who we were looking for. They checked it was okay for visitors, and we went back. She looked very tired and frail, and the sight of Konnor almost made her cry. He was terrified cuz she had oxygen and IV's. The cardiologist was in there and let us know she would stay overnight and need possible surgery in the near future. After about 10 minutes, we left because Konnor was halfway freaking out over the hospital room.





**SATURDAY**


Seeing as how Friday was not a good eventful day, we had hoped that Saturday would be better. Eddie's brother and his girlfriend are due to have a baby the first week of December. So this weekend was her baby shower. They are expecting a girl, so i was THRILLED to shop for pink and purple cute stuff. (hehe, i will love to have a little girl someday)

Konnor was asleep when I left for the store to pick up the bag and card and other little tidbits i needed for the perfect present. As i was leaving, i texted Eddie to get konnor up and give him a sandwich and to change his clothes. Should have been easy enough. Well i got home and found a different sort of situation in the making.

Indeed, Konnor was getting changed. But mom was just getting out of the shower and Darlisa was over. No biggie. I start wrapping the presents with baby receiving blankets (ingenious, thank you mom). All of a sudden i hear my mom and eddie talking and she yells "no that does NOT fu**ing work for me." oh god, its all hitting the fan now. Eddie looks at me (and mind you, its 1:50 pm) and says we have to start cleaning the house. why, you ask? well, due to the recent events that transpired on friday, my uncle is coming down from Seattle. ugh. what more could we ask for. so EDDIE and I (me) cleaned the living room, kitchen, hallway, dining room, before we could go anywhere. and lets just say that my mom dried and flat ironed her hair before cleaning the bathroom.

I was so livid, that i was throwing things around, pissed because this couldn't have waited two hours, after the baby shower was over. i texted Aaron (baby's daddy) at quarter after two and apologized for our tardiness. Eddie, thank goodness for him :), did all of the living room pretty much, while i washed dishes. It was a valiant effort, and we were out the door by like 2:30 p.m. Let me just say i cried after we left because i was so freaking frustrated!!

(Just as a side note, and i apologize to jenny for putting this in here, but it made my day worse.. at about 11:30 am sat morning jenny broke off our plans to drink that night because a semi-mutual friend, heather, made an idiotic decision and was depressed about it. so among everything else, i wasn't getting drunk Saturday night like i wanted, and probably need. haha)

Anyways, we got to the baby shower, and Konnor was immediately the CENTER of attention. Everyone wanted to see him, hold him, look at his cute little white spot. Dear god, people FLOCK to that child. Love him dearly, but i get embarrassed, cuz it wasn't his day. It was Tiffany's day. And her brother was taking pix of my son instead of pix of her opening gifts! my gosh. i thank god that everyone loves that kid so much. lol. otherwise, i probably would have never been invited to another family gathering. hehe.

So after the baby shower, we went back to hang out with Tiffany and the fam. No big deal. We are talking, laughing, checking out her loot. Konnor, is of course, being a little shy like always. He is playing with his PINK balloon -that, i have to add, he took into wal-mart with him earlier- and Jason, Tiffany's brother, is teasing him. No biggie. ha. except there are a group of three other balloons attached to this GIANT baby foot balloon. So he pulls that down next to Konnor, and i kid you not, Konnor got the most terrified look on his face before he started BAWLING! aha. he was seriously so terrified of this thing, that he would watch it for like 5 minutes at a time before going off to play. it was cute.

A little while later, i realized that konnor had run off somewhere. no biggie though, cuz there isn't alot for him to get into. i figured he was bugging Jason again and Jason would tell me if Konnor was getting to be too much. Well, a couple minutes later, Konnor walks into the living room with stuff all over his brand new shirt and on his hand. Damn it, he found some chocolate, is what i thought. But, being a mom, i knew better than to guess, and i grabbed his hand and smelt it. Stupid idea. Seeing as it was CAT POOP!!!

Oh yes, Konnor had found his way to the litter box, and decided that he might try it out. Luckily the damage was confined to only his shirt and hand that was easily washed off. He was pretty proud of himself, and i pretty much threw up in my mouth. After that, we sealed the door to the litter box so that he could no longer reach the kitty rocha. I am so thankful he didn't think it was food because i would have definitely thrown up!!





**SUNDAY**


Sunday started with Eddie leaving for a frisbee golf tournament. I vaguely remember him telling me he loved me and leaving. I was like the living dead - so tired from the night before. Thankfully, so was Konnor, and neither of us woke up until almost 9am.

We got up, got dressed, and left the house. I had told Kelly the day before that she was all mine and she agreed, but come 10am, when Konnor and i were ready for the day, Kelly was still asleep (big shocker-NOT!!) So Konnor and i went to Shari's for some breakfast so he wouldn't start throwing a fit.

I must first say that i love my son dearly. He loves to eat with utensils, just ask anyone who has gone out to breakfast, lunch, or dinner with us. Once the silverware hits the table and we are seated, he has them. You must be very quick or they will be his and you will eat with your fingers.

Well Sunday morning, Konnor decided HE wanted to eat with his fingers. No biggie though. They delivered the breakfast platter to us, which consisted of pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, and sausage. WAY TOO MUCH FOOD i hafta tell you. But i can never tell how much my kid will eat. haha. So we are eating, and he is on my lap (b/cuz thats where the food is) and all of a sudden i see a HUGE dunk of a piece of pancake into the syrup and him yanking it out, syrup dripping everywhere! Its headed for his mouth, and i have NOTHING to catch the extra syrup that is inching towards the two of us. What is a mother to do??? Why, use her hand, of course. YUCK!! i had probably a tablespoon of syrup in my hand, while Konnor is happily munching away on the pancake.

Now, if you know me, you know that instead of soda, i drink water at almost all meals when at a restaurant. Not Sunday morning. Nope, i decided with soda. So here i am, with a ton of syrup and only a napkin to wipe it off. Yeah, so let's think about what would happen if i wiped syrup off myself w/ a napkin. Yeah, napkin on my hand. Even more disgusting. Thankfully the waiter (who got a better tip for this) came up and asked if everything was okay. I said yes, and asked for a glass of water. He was back in a flash and i submerged my hand into the cold, icy water while the couple across the way watched. I'm sure they were highly amused because Konnor continued to eat happily as i cleaned up.

If you think that is the worst, you are wrong. I finally did get ahold of Kelly and we went to wal-mart (yeah i know i was there saturday, but im obsessed). So kelly and i are at wal-mart shopping for nothing we need and everything we want, and start to smell something foul. I sniffed her son, Caleb's butt, and it wasn't him. I didn't need to whiff my son to know that the odor was coming from him. He started grunting, and i knew he wasn't done. We just giggled, knew we had about 10 minutes before Konnor started getting grumpy, and finished shopping.

All of a sudden, and it happened so fast, Kelly said eww, i walked over, konnor started crying, and i threw up in my mouth. Konnor had poop coming up out of the top of his diaper, onto his back. He had poop on the cart, which was the worse. Thankfully Caleb had a blanket, which i wrapped around konnor, and we took off like a bat out of hell through the aisles and outside to the car. I was carrying him football style, and he was crying. People must have thought that i was kidnapping him from his own mother. I thought in my head, i dare someone to stop me. They'll be sorry. haha.





Fun-filled weekend for Alex.
WEEEE HAAA!!
:)

No comments: