Tuesday, October 2, 2007

~~<[THE BLACK PLAGUE]>~~

I'm running through a dark hallway, voices and footsteps are closing in on me. I don't know how much longer i can run, but i know i can't stop. i can barely see where im going, but know that if i dont keep going, they are bound to catch me. the fear of that alone is more than the fear of me hitting a wall. i can tell more are joining the hunt by the growing sounds of their footsteps. my sides are aching and my legs burn as i start to slow. i cant compete anymore. i fall to the ground. they swoop over me like a cloud and i can feel the sick, heavy breathing manipulating every inch of my body. i try to hold my breath, but that lasts a mere 10 seconds before i cant hold it anymore. after a minute or so, they are tired of me, and rush off to find a new victim.

....12 hours later, the coughing begins....
...6 hours after that, my body temperature skyrockets to 102...
..an hour later, i can't move out of bed..
.i have the black plague.

konnor is cuddling with me, wondering why mommy won't play with him. i smile weakly and stroke his hair. it was a mere 72 hours ago when the tables were turned.. konnor was whiny and feverish as he laid in bed, not wanting to do anything. him and his father both. they were among those with the "black plague" that seemed to have closed in on me. the sickness that has been lurking around corners, and in cubicles the past two weeks has knocked about half the people i know on their asses. out of work for two or more days, and among the living dead.

try as i might, this "black plague" is surrounding me more and more by the minute. it is only a matter of time before it catches up to me, and i experience the the horrible symptoms it creates. ugh! im struggling to stay awake as it is, seeing as Konnor was up at 4 am, ready to play. :) such a cute kid, but i kept saying, "honey, go back to sleep." he would cuddle up for a minute and then be up again. that makes for a looooooooooooooong day for mommy. at least he can nap.

a stuffy nose is what i have to show for myself now. i hope that i can fight off the "plague" but chances are i wont. i'll keep everyone updated.



words of wisdom:
if you are capable of it, surround yourself in a bubble.
that'll keep the germs away.
. .
>
U

No comments: