Friday, September 14, 2007

tiny bit of good news

and i mean tiny....

last night, 1130, i get a call from my mom saying i need to come home. ugh i thought as i drug myself out of a warm cozy bed and put my clothes on. i drive 5 minutes to my house and she says:


"someone called. they have your phone"

haha, what a mean joke to play. then she tells me the story:

Someone called the home phone (which i have programmed into my phone as "home") and said that they bought my phone. So automatically my mom called the police to have them come over and go with us to get it. B/cuz, amazingly, this person wanted to return it. so my mom, cuz she is smart, called 911, ran down the situation, and they sent someone out. so while we are waiting for this police officer, the guy calls back and say she is leaving where he is at and makes a new meeting spot. my mom tells him she is just waiting for her daughter to get home to watch her son. the guy is suprisingly okay with this.

anywho, to make a long story short, the cop went to where the guy was waiting and got my phone for me. :) this guy bought it from a tweaker for $25!!! and this guy's dad is an ex cop. haha. must have felt bad for buying stolen property. i have to buy a new sim card for $20, but on the bright side, i dont have to buy a new phone!!

seriously, what are the freaking chances of any of that happening???? too bad i can't get the memory card from my camera back. ugh. i miss my camera.

No comments: